Ken Golec Bio
Ken has over 24 years experience as a federal Senior Special Agent for the Office of Inspector General for the U. S. Department of Agriculture with intensive experience in food security/safety investigations, white collar crime and organized theft rings.
- Co-founder of Southeast Transportation Security Council (SETSC), www.setsc.org. Founded in 2002 to fight cargo theft, the group has expanded nationwide and is recognized by corporate and transportation security personnel along with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the U.S.. Ken also acted as the law enforcement liaison to the group.
- USDA's Southeast coordinator of all investigations involving organized crime booster and fencing rings involving the theft of infant formula and over the counter products. The groups included Central American organized shoplifting groups and groups whose members were addicted to heroin and banded together to steal from retailers to support their heroin addiction. Served as the primary federal contact at his agency with corporate security investigators at major retail corporations/grocery food chains.
- Agency's representative to the U.S. Justice Department's Attorney General Terrorism Task Force in Atlanta.
- President's Council on Integrity & Efficiency award winner for product tampering investigation where one of the victims, a 18 month old child, had to be life- flighted to a hospital. Subject, who was attempting to obtain money from a major food processor, was sentenced to over 100 years in prison.
- Two time USDA Secretary's Award winner, one for being part of a Justice Department task force involving export loan guarantees to Iraq during the Saddam Hussein government. Presented 300+ count indictment to a federal grand jury and the indictment prevented $500 million in loan guarantees to the Saddam Hussein government of Iraq.
- Case agent of successful investigation and prosecution of a group responsible for the fencing operation of over $6 million of stolen goods between Atlanta and Brooklyn, New York.
- Case agent of successful investigation and prosecution of an Atlanta based foreign drug organization that were using loads of stolen frozen food product to conceal the transportation of illegal drugs and were fencing the stolen food products after their use of the transportation of the drugs.
- Security Clearance - Top Secret
- Team leader of security protection details involving a Cabinet level Secretary.